Ubuntu- I am because we are
Africa Day: the whole ethos of AFRICANness is ubuntu which can be summarized in one statement I am because we are »Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu«
The past week we been learning about Self awareness and the first important aspect is ACCEPTING WHO YOU ARE, the invariables. Belinda neatly laid it out here
" You know having seen how Africans are portrayed in other countries I sometimes have about wether it’s a good thing to be one. But then I realized that it’s something I cannot change and it’s better to embrace it. To represent the continent everywhere 😁😁😁 to show that we are more than just our troubles ''
Below are five proverbs African proverbs I found interesting:
1) "When your clothes are made of cassava leaves, you don’t take a goat as a friend."
2) “How do you convince the upcoming generations that education is the key to success when we are surrounded by poor graduates and rich criminals?”
3) A person can love you and still cheat, just like we love God and still sin.
4) Being kissed does not mean you are loved, ask Jesus about Judas.
5) It takes a whole village to raise a child.